Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!... and "Watch This Space"


Happy New Year, friends. I hope the holidays have been kind to you and yours. It has been relaxing for the most part on this end, and I am looking forward to what 2020 has in store for me and my family.

I am also announcing that you should 


As 2019 was ending, I was contacted by the good folks who administer Super Blog Team-Up and asked if I'd like to participate in the next consortium of awesomeness. Heck yes, I would! The title of the event is "Chromium" and will focus on marketing gimmicks through the years. Being a Black & White focused blog, my mind immediately went to Stan Lee's foray into magazine-sized comics. This landed in 1968 with the publication of the first issue of Spectacular Spider-Man. On January 22 2020, I'll post a review of the lead story from that book, with the usual scintillating commentary you're used to (at least I think it's scintillating). Below is a detail from the back-up feature, a retelling of Spidey's origin by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, and Bill Everett. You're in for a treat when more art from this tome graces this blog.


So stay tuned. I'll tweet some pre-post publicity - tell your friends! And be well 'til we meet again.

- Doug

1 comment:

  1. Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in...
    You just cant stop Doug! Which is good to hear of course, and I look forward to your return.
    Have a good 2020.

    -sean

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...